Ayers Rock Resort
Facts about Ayers Rock Resort
Ayers Rock Resort is an oasis in the desert where you are welcomed on your journeys to discover Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park.
The Resort, managed by Voyages, has a range of facilities and accommodation including 4 hotels of varying standards and prices, and a campground with tent sites, powered campsites and air-conditioned cabins with cooking facilities.
Where is Ayers Rock Resort
Voyages Ayers Rock Resort is located in the town of Yulara, and acts as an accommodation base for tourists who visit to see the attractions of Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park – most notably, Uluru itself and Kata Tjuta (the Olgas).
The Resort is off-the-beaten track being 445 kilometres from Alice Springs, however it’s only 20 kilometres to Uluru.
It’s remote location means food and goods are transported daily from Alice Springs, and twice weekly deliveries come by road train so it can be an expensive town for tourists. Therefore, many visitors come here on arranged tours with companies like Adventure Beyond that offers inclusive tour packages with expert guides on the region.
Attractions and facilities of Ayers Rock Resort
Even though it seems Yulara and Ayers Rock Resort are in the middle of nowhere, the Resort caters well for travellers. Some of the amazing attractions and facilities include:
- Fuel station
- Free shuttle bus around Resort between shops, restaurants, hotels and campground
- Visitor Centre with information about Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park (the Visitor Centre is next to the Desert Gardens Hotel)
- Small medical centre
- Dining – regardless of your accommodation choice or budget, the Resort has over 15 dining options. Choose some kangaroo meat or emu sausages and cook it at a do-it-yourself barbeque at Pioneer BBQ and Bar, or experience a unique occasion under the Red Centre skies as you watch the sun set over Uluru with a ‘Sounds of Silence’ or Tali Wiru’ dinner
- Art and craft galleries – stop into the Mulgara Gallery for Australian and Indigenous art, Mingkiri Arts, Desert Oak Studio or visit the daily market in the Town Square
- Town Square – here you’ll find bank machines, food and beverage outlets, a supermarket, newsagent, post office and hair salon.
- Red Ochre Spa – this is the place to be after finishing sightseeing where you will be pampered with a comprehensive range of face and body treatments.
Tour options to suit your itinerary and budget
Adventures Beyond has fantastic packages that include Uluru Tours with departures from Alice Springs or Adelaide.
You can also combine a Darwin to Alice Springs tour with an Ayers Rock tour to really explore the sights of central and northern Australia.
For our Ayers Rock tours, we stay at private campsites and the Yulara campground on many of our trips giving you a chance to taste civilisation before the true Outback adventures begin! Just make sure to follow these travel tips to make your adventure more amazing.
Book your inclusive package tour with Adventures Beyond today!